Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme to fill the position of Junior Administrative Specialist (full-time, Lviv)
(internal SAP code: Junior Administrative Specialist)
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralization reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local levels and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralization reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between the different stakeholders involved into reform implementation at the national, regional and local levels. Given the important new tasks, responsibilities and financial resources that local self-governments have gained, the implementation of the reform must be accompanied by expert advice, trainings and diverse support measures. U-LEAD (Ukraine-Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development) is a special measure which is conducted as a multi-donor action by the EU and its member states Germany, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark, Poland and Slovenia to support the Ukrainian government in the implementation of the decentralisation reform.
We are looking for the highly motivated Junior Administrative Specialist to support the operation of our regional office in Lviv.
The Junior Administrative Specialist is responsible for:
- Office management, inventory, control of on-site assets;
- Documents' reception, management, filing, translation into English;
- Manages invitations for events organised by the Lviv Regional Office and/or West Hub, checks the planned attendance, makes participant lists, informs participants about event logistics, manages participants' queries, distributes and collects filled in standardised evaluation forms;
- Organisation of various types of events in the respective oblast, including participant management and logistics;
- Keeping track of events' finances, including preparation of service requests, pre-checking of events' invoices and reports;
- Accurate entry of data of the respective oblast into the U-LEAD with Europe Programme's data management infrastructure (UDATA) according to guidelines;
- Follows personal data protection rules during handling of participant lists and entry of personal data into UDATA;
- Organises events' logistics, including catering, accommodation, participants travel. Supports the Programme in all organisational aspects in the respective oblast.
- Prepares service requests in cooperation with the person responsible for the preparation of the event;
- Implements or assists the PMU in the implementation of the established procurement and contracting procedures, ensuring U-LEAD branding and visibility compliance;
- Collects invoices and performance reports (including participant lists) following the deadlines. Pre-checks and pre-processes the invoices for future management by the PMU;
- Files event/related documents, makes digital copy of files;
- Contributes to costs monitoring;
- Enters data related to events, participants, trainers and further data into UDATA along with all supporting documents (agendas, reports, photos, standardised evaluation forms, etc). Coordinates with the head of the Regional Office, policy advisers and STEs to ensure the quality and accuracy of data entered into the UDATA, including the entry of all planned events a month in advance;
- Regularly checks and updates the UDATA Important Events in the respective oblast, reporting them timely to U-LEAD;
- Ensures office management, control of on-site assets, assists in inventory of the assets;
- Ensures documents' reception, processing, filing and translating some of them into English;
- Acts as the Security Focal Point for the Regional Office and West Hub and cooperates with the Risk Management Office of GIZ;
- Communicates regularly with local services providers;
- Communicates and cooperates effectively with the colleagues in the Regional Office, the U-LEAD team as well as from other Regional Offices and other GIZ projects in Ukraine;
- Ensures discreet behaviour vis-a-vis third parties in all internal matters;
- Communicates and reports regularly to the Head of Regional Office.
Required qualifications, experience and competences:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent;
- At least 2 years' work experience in event management, office management or related fields;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Strong team player;
- Very good Ukrainian language skills. Good knowledge of English;
- Very good computer skills (MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Lviv. The assignment starts in April 2023. Contract till December 2023.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to HR-UA@giz.de until COB 23.03.2023, Thursday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
В настоящее время вакансия находится в архиве.