Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for the project “Good Governance through GovTech and Transparency” (GovTech) a qualified professional to fill the position of an Advisor on digital public goods for e-Governance (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: ICT and Digitalisation)
The global GovStack Initiative was launched by Estonia, Germany, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) in 2020. The initiative aims to create a common framework for developing reusable and interoperable digital components – so-called “ICT building blocks” – that can help the digital transformation of governments.
In May 2022, the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine (MinDigital) joined the GovStack Initiative. The partnership aims at strengthening Ukraine’s public stack and assisting the country in sharing its digital transformation knowledge and experience globally and providing digital public goods. Within the GovStack community, relevant Ukrainian actors will be invited to contribute to the development of the ICT building blocks and participate in regional and international communities of practice. MinDigital will be assisted in positioning Ukraine in global digital public goods fora and Governmental officials can benefit from tailor-made capacity building approaches, such as trainings or co-creative workshops.
GovStack activities in Ukraine are implemented by the project “Good Governance through GovTech and Transparency” (GovTech). Within a motivated project team, we are looking for an advisor for digital public goods for E-Governance. She/he will support the implementation of the GovStack activities in Ukraine.
Areas of responsibility:
- Support to the overall management of the implementation of GovStack activities in Ukraine in close coordination with the Manager responsible for the implementation
- Technical support to the Ukrainian partners in the field of digital public goods for e-Governance as well as good practices and global trends of open software in the public sector
- Communication and exchange with the Ukrainian partners
- Facilitation of networking and knowledge sharing within the GovStack initiative and the global digital public goods community
- Effective coordination and close alignment with the global GovStack team and liaison to the overall activities of the GovTech project
- Support to the Manager responsible of the implementation in the planning of the project activities and budget jointly with the Ukrainian partners, GovTech and the GovStack team
- Support to and organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and other capacity development measures
- Support to planning, budgeting and procurement processes, financial management, administrative tasks (incl. contracting, grant management & invoicing) and monitoring of activities
- Management of local and regional partners and contractors
- Active contribution to reports (regular and ad-hoc), PR materials, and other related tasks to reporting and communication for the implementation of the GovStack Initiative in Ukraine and GovTech
- Contributing to the knowledge management of the GovStack Initiative and GovTech
Qualification and Experiences:
- University degree in a IT-field, international relations, public administration, economics, law, management or ither social sciences
- At least 3 years of work experience in the area of digitalization/ digital transformation
- Experience in working with and/or advising Ukrainian government institutions on digital topics; a focus on public service delivery is desirable
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian legal and policy frameworks on digital public services, privacy and data governance are considered a strong advantage
- Very good understanding of digital government, e-governance, digital public goods and open-source approaches
- Substantial experience in business analysis and IT-project management (concepts, planning, coordination, steering, monitoring), experience in public tendering is desirable
- Proven skills and experience in networking and fostering partnerships
- An existing network of digital government actors in Ukraine, and/or internationally is an asset
- Work experience in development cooperation is desired
- Very good command of Ukrainian and English. Knowledge of German is an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences; proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude; high degree of discretion and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to cooperate effectively with colleagues and partners
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions
- Comprehensive managerial and organizational experience;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet), Excel and other computer applications (e.g. MS 365);
- Readiness for occasional business trips if the circumstances allow
- Official employment
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings
- Individual and group psychological support
- Possible remote and flexible work
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Kyiv. The assignment starts as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of April 2024 (with potential extension).
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 08 March 2023, Wednesday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.