Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for the project “Supporting Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions” a qualified professional to fill the position of a Project Assistant for Just Transition (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: Project Assistant)
In the upcoming decade, unprofitable state-owned coal mines will be seizing their operations. This poses major social and economic challenges for the coal regions. The structural change needed to overcome them, based on the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery, can provide new impetus for the development and growth in the affected regions, and beyond. Decarbonization of the economy also makes a significant contribution to Ukraine's ability to raise its level of ambition in the context of global climate protection.
The aim of the project "Supporting Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions" is to support Ukraine in implementing the structural change associated with the coal phase-out in a socially and economically compatible and ecologically sustainable manner, with the involvement of civil society, using appropriate funding instruments in accordance with the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery.
One component of the project is supporting the establishment and operationalization of a Structural Change Fund to provide flexible financing to support the structural change in Ukrainian coal regions. The fund is to bundle financing from various international donors as well as the Ukrainian government.
In light of the war in Ukraine, the project currently focuses on reconstruction and recovery efforts in the Ukrainian energy sector and supports Western coal regions in their efforts to host internally displaced persons.
Areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that the administrative processes run smoothly;
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the project and with the GIZ office, supporting incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Filing and updating documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Assisting the project advisors/coordinators in their administrative tasks;
- Organizing and coordinating appointments;
- Preparing information materials;
- Supporting the organization of events and documenting meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project;
- Supporting (logistical and administrative) the organization of events;
- Compiling, verifying, collecting data and information;
- Supporting travel arrangements and preparation of the reporting documents;
- Supporting procurement processes;
- Supporting project monitoring activities;
- Provision of written translation upon request;
- Updating project operational plans and project contract database;
- Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experiences:
- University degree;
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams);
- Fluent English and Ukrainian, knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Kyiv. The assignment starts as soon as possible. The contract duration is until 30 November 2024.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 10 March 2023, Friday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.