Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a qualified professional for the project Just Transition Ukraine to fill the position of a Procurement and Contracting Specialist for Just Transition project (full-time, Kyiv)
(Internal SAP code: Procurement and Contracting Specialist)
The Energy and Climate Sector of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Ukraine comprises various projects implemented on behalf of the German government to support Ukraine on its way to transforming into an energy-efficient country. Partners of the projects are Ukrainian ministries on the national level, local communities on the municipal level, and companies in private sector. There are 8 projects in the Cluster portfolio. In their operations and business activities, they are supported by a Procurement Unit to guarantee smooth procurement processes for achieving of projects’ goals and results.
To strengthen the Procurement team ahead of the growing projects portfolio we are looking for a qualified professional for a full-time position of Procurement and Contracting Specialist. Activities of this position will focus on various projects in the Cluster portfolio.
- Management of the procurement activities, development, and dissemination of best practices.
- Elaboration and implementation of project procurement activities.
- Efficient management of procurement processes for the GIZ office and GIZ-assisted projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions.
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative division and with procurement officers at Country Office and Head Office.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Preparation and conduction of the contract award procedures, (including tenders) and
- conclusion of service contracts, as well as purchasing of materials and equipment in
- accordance with GIZ and EU rules.
- Preparation of Financing Contracts: Grants, Local Subsidies and Subsidies.
- Ensuring compliant document flow (contracts, proposals, agreements, etc.), and proper filing of all documents related to contracting and procurement process according to GIZ P+R;
- Reduce the number of consultancy service contracts.
- Training and consulting project staff (especially regional offices) on request regarding contracting and procurement rules and procedures if requested.
- Checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints.
- Follows-up to ensure timely accomplishment of contracts & procurement in a purely result oriented manner.
- Processing claims of damaged goods.
- Organises and coordinates collection of goods.
- Participates in tenders, in concluding service agreements, and in the purchase of materials and equipment.
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Ideally, BA/MSc in business management with a focus on finance, controlling, purchasing or contract management or similar area.
- 4 years of working experience in Procurement and\or Grants management.
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good knowledge of English; Ukrainian native level required; knowledge of German is an asset.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Strong self-organisation skills and goal orientation combined with a high level of frustration tolerance.
- Work experience with international organizations is an asset.
- Ability to self-responsibly organize and implement assigned work and responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently with possible time constraints and workload.
- Ability to get well on with others and be a team player.
- Goal orientation combined with a high level of frustration tolerance.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work, improve performance and satisfaction.
- Customer and service-oriented attitude.
- Official employment.
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary.
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually.
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings.
- Individual and group psychological support.
- Possible remote and flexible work.
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is 1 year. Prolongation possible. Place of assignment is Kyiv. Starting as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a Cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until COB 13.03.2023, Monday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.