Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for the project “Promotion of Energy Efficiency and Implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (FEER)” a qualified professional to fill the position of a Junior Energy Efficiency Policy Specialist (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: Junior Energy Specialist)
The technical cooperation project “Promotion of Energy Efficiency and Implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (FEER)”, implemented by the GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development in cooperation with State Secretariat for Economic Affairs of Switzerland is on the lookout for a technical adviser to support the preparation, implementation and supervision of demonstration projects in the field of energy efficiency in buildings and to support the coordination and communication with partner municipalities. This component is aimed at the lowering of primary energy consumption in partner communities through implementation of specific energy efficiency measures in public facilities (Demonstration Projects).
- puts together an overview of project/programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings with a focus on technical aspects;
- plans, coordinates and documents meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects;
- orders and distributes PR materials on the project/programme as well as GIZ PR materials;
- assists with PR work for the project/ programme;
- manages national and international missions of experts as well as knowledge-exchange in case of possibility due to security reasons;
- drafts Terms of References for consulting contracts on trainings, workshops, other events within the project/programme and researches;
- supports administrative coordination of experts and contracting organizations of the component;
- collects documentation for component monitoring;
- ensures document flow and documentation within the component.
- in consultation with the manager, technical advisor or expert, prepares and carries out qualitative research projects (developing survey instruments, field trials, training field staff, organisational preparation in the field, collecting and analysing data, supporting the partners);
- supports the team in the implementation of all technical support activities relating to political dialogue and strategic recommendations in the field of structural change in sphere of energy efficiency policy.
- draws up reports and presentation materials, translations;
- supports a project database;
- supports in communicating, updating and collecting information on the cluster server, internal web-sources (e.g. on-site operations, MS Teams, IDA, DMS, project activities calendar etc.).
- prepares, supports in moderation of meetings, workshops and seminars on-line (and off-line when security situation allows) together with external experts and consultants for partner institutions and national stakeholders;
- supports the project team in organizational matters, e.g. in operational planning, monitoring and other coordination sessions of the team;
- supports in maintaining excellent professional relations with partners and stakeholders;
- ensures dialogue between project partners and external experts;
- supports the preparation of national and international study tours and supervises the groups during the trips when the situation allows due to security reasons;
- supports in compiling, verifying, collating of data and information related to projects’ operations, screen background information and coordinate inputs on projects’ operations, monitor changes in political and economic surrounding and draft briefings.
Qualification and Experiences:
- university degree, preferably MA;
- good knowledge of national and international practices in sphere of energy efficiency policy;
- knowledge of gender in energy, and PR and communications;
- good knowledge of digital technologies and willingness to develop the digital skills;
- at least 1 year of work experience in international environment and 3 years of total working experience;
- experience in energy efficiency policy related projects is an asset;
- •experience in arranging/coordinating the proper preparation of conferences, workshops, and other
- events, organizing communications with partners on national level, and communication with national policy-making institutions (ministries, agencies etc.);
- experience in preparing official communications and meeting protocols;
- working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams, Adobe Acrobate, etc.);
- excellent knowledge of English, besides, the knowledge of German is an asset;
- understanding of the basic principles of energy efficiency and energy efficiency policy in EU and Ukraine, knowledge of energy efficiency institutional (national, regional and municipal levels) system of Ukraine, climate policy in EU and Ukraine, gender issues;
- high level of politeness, diplomacy, tolerance, and non-discrimination;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- strong self-organisation skills and goal orientation combined with a high level of frustration tolerance.
- official employment;
- salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- individual and group psychological support;
- possible remote and flexible work;
- meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Kyiv. The assignment starts end of March 2023. The contract duration is until the end of June 2025.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 09 March 2023, Thursday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.