Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Ukraine is seeking for the project “Good Governance through GovTech and Transparency” a qualified professional to fill the position of an Advisor on innovation fund management
(both full time and part time mode possible, remote mode with further duty station in Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: ICT and digitalization)
Innovation ecosystems are informal, dynamic networks in which individuals, organizations and institutions interact with each other. Through collaboration, actors shape (digital) innovations across scientific and technological disciplines and can thus be drivers for socio-economic development.
Together with key actors in Ukraine, we promote innovations for reconstruction, for example through digital decentralized production systems. In doing so, we rely primarily on open hardware and software, which we disseminate widely, for example, via so-called mobile makerspaces (specially equipped buses with digital production technology).
Tolocar activities in Ukraine are implemented by the project “Good Governance through GovTech and Transparency” (GovTech). Within a motivated project team, we are looking for an advisor for setting up and managing an innovation fund in support of the Ukrainian innovation ecosystem. She/he will contribute to strengthening the implementation capacities of key actors by offering targeted project support.
Areas of responsibility:
- Support to the overall management of the implementation of activities in Ukraine in close coordination with the Manager responsible for the implementation;
- Design, set- up, promotion and implementation of an innovation fund in support of the Ukrainian innovation ecosystem;
- Management of international and Ukrainian implementing partners and contractors;
- Support to the efficient delivery of support to beneficiary organizations (e.g., funding, capacity building, procurement of goods and advice);
- Coordination of exchange and feedback of eligible and beneficiary organizations;
- Support to knowledge sharing and learning among beneficiary organizations;
- Support liaising and networking with partner organizations from public institutions, civil society, business and academia in Ukraine at local, regional and national level;
- Effective coordination and close alignment with other components of the project or other relevant GIZ projects in Ukraine;
- Support to the Manager responsible for the implementation in the planning and budgeting of activities jointly with the project team and key implementing partners in Ukraine;
- Support administrative and management tasks, incl. financial management, contracting, invoicing & grant management;
- Active contribution to the result-based monitoring of activities and knowledge management;
- Active contribution to reports (regular and ad-hoc), public relations and other related tasks to reporting and communication.
Qualification and Experiences:
- University degree in innovation management, business administration, economics, public administration, international relations, or other relevant disciplines;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing innovation funds or other facilities for innovation promotion (incl. design and set-up);
- Work experience in development cooperation and good knowledge on the instruments of technical cooperation;
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian innovation ecosystem, incl. the Ukrainian legal and policy framework for innovation promotion;
- Proven skills and experience in networking and fostering partnerships and facilitating multi-stakeholder communication and cooperation;
- Knowledge on open hard and software and (decentralized) digital production is an asset;
- An existing network of key innovation actors (public institutions, civil society organizations, business) in Ukraine and/ or internationally is an asset;
- Very good command of Ukrainian and English, knowledge of German is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences; proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude; high degree of discretion and integrity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to cooperate effectively with colleagues and partners;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions;
- Comprehensive managerial and organizational experience;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet), Excel and other computer applications (e.g. MS 365);
- Readiness for occasional business trips if the circumstances allow.
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week or part-time. The contract duration is until 31.12.2025.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in English explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to HR-UA@giz.de until COB 15 March 2023, Wednesday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.