Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the Country Office to fill the position of the HR Specialist (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: HR Specialist)
GIZ implements development cooperation projects on behalf of the German government all over the world. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ offers its expertise of more than 50 years to the German Government, the European Union, the United Nations, as well as governments of other countries and the private sector. Since we are a public-benefit federal enterprise, German and European values are central to our work. Together with our partners we work flexibly to deliver effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
- advising managers on drawing up requirement profiles and formulates appropriate job descriptions in consultation with them;
- searching for suitable staff in accordance with the requirements for the positions (identifies existing GIZ HR resources in the country and/or region, writes job advertisements and ensures publication in appropriate print and/or online media);
- evaluating applications received and shortlisting candidates on the basis of the requirements or hiring criteria, obtains references, and conducts preliminary discussions;
- organising personnel selection (e.g. applicant interviews) and advises if necessary, on selection;
- notifying unsuccessful applicants, documents the selection process, archives the documentation and enters the data in existing HRM systems;
- checking the names of national personnel against the sanction list;
- determining the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal conditions;
- drawing up the employment contract on the basis of the standard GIZ contract, local hiring conditions and the contents of the advertisement;
- dealing with all other organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. regular update of entries in SAP-HR for national personnel;
- updating information on employment conditions for national personnel (monitoring vacation days, model job descriptions, labour law etc.);
- ensuring proper induction for newcomers for national personnel;
- ensuring that hiring/transfer/termination procedures and documents are being properly prepared and timely provided to GDIP;
- dealing with different labour-related requests from national staff/managers and provides consulting on different Labour related topics;
- ensuring all requirements and recent updates of Ukrainian Labour legislation are observed.
- is responsible for implementing and complying with GIZ’s national personnel policies and puts in place the corresponding HR instruments and procedures;
- developing human resources instruments and procedures and assists in their implementation;
- is involved into HR processes optimization and automation both with testing and implementation;
- networking with the national personnel help desk at Head Office and the other HR specialists in the region to share experience on good practices.
- BA/MSc in social sciences, university degree in law, economics or sociology (if possible with a focus on HR management) or similar area;
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Teams);
- familiar with HR procedures;
- experience in advising on HR issues;
- good knowledge of national labour and social law;
- upper-intermediate level of English language, German language would be a plus;
- awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (confidentiality, data protection);
- proactiveness and ability to work independently;
- very good communication skills and client-orientation;
- stress-resistance and good time-management.
- official employment;
- salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is 1 year. Prolongation is possible. Starting as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a Cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job to HR-UA@giz.de until COB 28.03.2023, Tuesday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.