Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a qualified professional for the project “Integrated Urban Development in Ukraine (IUD) II” to fill the position of the Advisor on Integrated Urban Development and Public Policy (full-time, Kyiv)
(internal SAP code: Urban and Reginal Development Advisor)
The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and implemented by GIZ. It supports, besides the Ministry of Hromadas, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine, 8 Ukrainian cities in applying integrated and participatory planning approaches. For that purpose, the project will coordinate and cooperate with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinating an area of responsibility within Components 1, 2, and 4 of the Project on strategic and operational level;
- Providing professional advisory services to recipients and beneficiary of the Project (municipalities and the Ministry of Hromadas, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine) cooperating with a broad range of stakeholders and target groups, including Ukrainian and European municipalities and associations, international technical assistance projects and programmes, IFI-s, universities, and civil society, etc;
- Managing innovation and knowledge on integrated principles, policies and tools for sustainable governance of urban development and recovery in Ukraine;
- Fostering the EU accession process among partners at local and national levels through good governance and implementing the provisions of the New Leipzig Charter, the New Urban Agenda and other framework documents;
- Supporting to the planning and budgeting process of project activities within Component 1, 2 and 4;
- Supporting local partners at Ukrainian municipalities in their endeavors to implement integrated urban development principles;
- Supporting the Project regional offices with elaboration and execution of operational plans, provides on-demand advisory services on urban and regional planning issues;
- Coordinating measures at partner municipalities on elaboration, implementation and evaluation of urban planning projects, including integrated urban development plans, sustainable urban mobility plans, other spatial and land use plans, recovery and renewal plans, and infrastructure projects;
- Providing strategic liaison between the Project, the Ministry of Hromadas, Territories and Infrastructure of Ukraine, the Association of Ukrainian cities, and other national and international actors, on improving the national planning framework, particularly in relation to post-conflict urban recovery;
- Contributing to elaboration of policy papers, draft laws, technical reports and recommendations;
- Develops and organises monitoring and quality assurance measures within one’s field of responsibility and suggests necessary changes and improvements.
Various project tasks:
- As a member of the planning team, takes part in and prepares for monthly planning meetings and, on request, participates in meetings of the Project Management Team;
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with partner municipalities, relevant organisations and individuals;
- Proactively reports and communicates on local initiatives and efforts on the partners’ side, forwards these to the Project Management Team and encourages exchange of ideas and information;
- Conceptualizes and prepares events, such as workshops, seminars, or conference sessions;
- Prepares and commissions surveys, studies, training and enrichment activities within Project Components 1, 2, and 4;
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and instructions; draws up reports and presentation slides; coordinates related data storage and archiving;
- Advises to the Project Director on a regular basis regarding the ongoing activities within Project Components 1, 2, and 4, serves as a focal point for inquiries on urban and regional planning, land-use, urban mobility, and housing, participatory planning and citizen involvement.
- Prepares and submits suggestions for annual Project planning; examines and advises on activities proposed by the Project regional offices; organises and facilitates planning exercises with regional offices and at the Project level; provides quality assurance of Project operational plans from the perspectives of integrated urban development and good governance principles;
- Coordinates the involvement of external consultants, including identification of partner demands, preparation of terms of reference, supervision of consultants’ activities, examination and storage of produced technical reports; provides advice on terms of reference, contracts, and tenders drawn up by the Project regional offices;
- Contributes to financial management of project activities within Component 1, 2 and 4 (maintenance of the onSITE Operation System for planning and contract management of project activities).
Required qualifications, experience and competences:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Public Administration, Economics, Sociology or related fields;
- At least three years of professional experience in one or several fields: urban development, public policy and administration, development cooperation, or in related field;
- Profound knowledge of the national regulatory framework in Ukraine in the fields of local self-governance, urban and regional development and territorial planning; good knowledge of integrated urban development framework and principles is desired;
- Additional knowledge and/or professional experience on one or more of the following fields would be a benefit: decentralisation reform in Ukraine; local economic development; housing policy in Ukraine and post-socialist states; migration and internal displacement; inter-municipal cooperation between Ukrainian and European cities; post-conflict and disaster urban recovery;
- Very good user knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 ecosystem;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English languages; a good command of German language would be an advantage;
- Diligence and responsible working style;
- High competencies of communication and interaction;
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Official employment;
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary;
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually;
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings;
- Individual and group psychological support;
- Possible remote and flexible work;
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
The assignment starts as of April 2023. It is a full time position with 40-hours working week.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to HR-UA@giz.de until COB 28.03.2023, Tuesday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.
Наразі вакансія знаходиться в архіві.