Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for their Good Governance Portfolio a qualified professional to fill the position of the: "Administrative Professional, with focus on contract & procurement (full time 100%)"
to support four projects in the fields of financial governance, administrative reform in Eastern Partnership countries, EU Association and integrated urban development. We are looking for a highly motivated Administrative Professional with focus on contract & procurement, having a hands-on attitude and excellent knowledge of procurement practices and contracts.
Since the professional will cooperate closely with administrative professionals focussing on accounting and financial monitoring, the Administrative Professional should have good knowledge of both accounting and financial monitoring as well.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Prepares a wide range of different contracts such as financial agreements (grants) or local subsidies with institutions, contracts with consulting companies and long / short-term experts etc. in CoSoft, taking responsibility to
- draw up of terms of reference in close coordination with responsible technical officer
- advise consultants and other internal stakeholders on appropriate formats and templates and on procurement procedures and principles of GIZ;
- ensure that processed commercial offers and set of documents meet specific requirements of GIZ policies);
- assist pro-actively in the implementation and follow-up phase of each contract (e.g. reporting)
- monitor closely the respective liabilities and contribute to the annual/monthly budget planning within the projects;
- prepares tenders, including service agreements, and purchases materials and equipment with the GIZ Head Office and in accordance with GIZ regulations;
- provides market research on services and goods
- maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft;
- checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints;
- contributes to the overall monitoring, knowledge and data management;
- supports in other necessary logistical and organisational tasks;
- applies GIZ standards and rules in administrative processes in the projects;
- prepares monthly budget plans;
- by the instructions of the executives takes over other activities and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration / Management / Economics or equivalent education;
- at least 2-3 years of work experience with a focus purchasing or contract management;
- proven experience in the field of procurement and contracts;
- work experience in the private sector and/or international organisations;
- outstanding working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, SAP, CoSoft, ProSoft and/or other relevant procurement/contracts software);
- intercultural communication and management skills;
- very good command of Ukrainian / Russian and English (orally and in writing), knowledge of German is an asset.
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences;
- strong organisational, planning and managerial competences; exceptional level of self-organization;
- an independent and strongly result-oriented approach and willingness to learn, flexibility and self-organization
- proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude;
- high communication/negotiation skills
- high degree of discretion and integrity;
- ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions.
- a full-time position,
- 40 hours per week
The contract duration is until the end of June 2022.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 17 of July 2020