Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme to fill the position of
Project Manager, Kyiv
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local levels and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between different stakeholders involved into reform implementation at the national, regional and local levels. Given the important new tasks, responsibilities and financial resources that local self-governments have gained, the implementation of the reform has to be accompanied by expert advice, trainings and diverse support measures. U-LEAD (Ukraine- Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development) is a special measure which is conducted as a multi-donor action by the EU and its member states Germany, Sweden, Poland, Denmark and Estonia to support the Ukrainian government in the implementation of the decentralisation reform.
For support of the Programme’s Regional Hub Manager in Kyiv and the Programme team in the implementation of the Programme U-LEAD with Europe, we are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager with proven experience in project management and monitoring, solid administrative and organizational skills, as well as very good knowledge of the Ukrainian government's decentralisation reform.
Areas of responsibility:
- Contributing to planning and quality assurance of project activities and events organised by U-LEAD Regional Offices under the Regional Hub;
- Support in external and internal communication and visibility of U-LEAD with Europe;
- Producing content for reporting and communication in coordination with the Hub Manager and team members of U-LEAD Regional Offices (Chernihiv, Chernivtsi, Khmelnytskyi, Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr) under the Regional Hub;
- Contributing to results-based monitoring of the U-LEAD with Europe Programme’s progress in line with its results model;
- Assuring the quality of data from Regional Offices cooperating with the Regional Hub in the U-LEAD with Europe data management infrastructure (DMI);
- Support the Hub Manager in evidence-based controlling and steering the inner Hub processes.
- Supports the Programme’s Regional Hub Manager in Kyiv and the Programme team in the implementation of the Programme U-LEAD with Europe;
- Contributes to Monthly Activity Planning of U-LEAD Regional Offices under the Regional Hub as well as operational planning of the Programme;
- Assists to Regional Offices under the Hub in assuring the quality of events organized and activities implemented;
- Implements results-based monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance of all initiatives, activities and events that are planned and implemented in the U-LEAD Regional Offices under the Regional Hub and/or that the Hub and Regional Offices are involved in;
- Involves team members of the Regional Hub as well as from U-LEAD Regional Offices under the Regional Hub into the U-LEAD with Europe Programme’s monitoring system and ensures their regular contributions;
- Ensures consistently high-quality data is entered by DMI users in Regional Offices under the Regional Hub;
- Offers capacity development to DMI users in Regional Offices and Regional Hub of relevance as necessary;
- Participates in and contributes to workshops with Monitoring Advisers in Kyiv to ensure the delivery of relevant and high-quality data to the results-based monitoring system;
- Coordinates and supports at the Regional Hub level regular reporting and communication, collects participants experiences and lessons learnt, answers questions of stakeholders concerning the Programme implementation;
- Prepares communication events and materials of the oblasts the U-LEAD Regional Hub covers, collects from Regional Offices, finalises and distributes good practices, lessons learnt and other informational materials;
- Ensures proper filing of documents according to requirements of the GIZ filing procedures in its Document Management System (DMS);
- Supports national and international experts during visits to the Regional Hub and/or Regional Offices under the Hub;
- Cooperates with other GIZ projects in the Hub Region as well as with the colleagues from other Hubs as and when required;
- Ensures discreet behaviour vis-a-vis third parties in all internal matters;
- Communicates and reports regularly to the Hub Manager;
- Supports the implementation of other project activities and other assigned tasks,
- Participates in trainings related to the needs of the assigned function and the associated obligations.
Requirements to the candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of social sciences, development studies, administration, economics, public policy, law or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in project management in either national or international organisations;
- Experience in the capacity of monitoring and evaluation;
- Good knowledge of decentralisation, health, education, administration or other fields of ongoing reforms.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of other data management software;
- Very good language skills in English, Russian and Ukrainian;
- Diligence and responsible work ethic;
- Team player with strong communication skills;
- Availability to take on responsibility and a corresponding sense for responsibility;
- Availability for frequent travel within the assigned region;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and tight deadlines, flexible and able to work with people of different professional and cultural backgrounds, result-oriented, well organised and motivated.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
- Frequent travel within the relevant region is required.
Starting in August 2020. Сontract duration is until the end of December 2023.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB on Friday, 31 July 2020.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.