Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “Fostering economic participation of vulnerable groups including IDPs in the Sea of Azov region” to fill the position of Project Advisor for Monitoring and Evaluation / Communication in Kyiv (full time, 100%)
The project “Fostering economic participation of vulnerable groups including IDPs in the Sea of Azov region” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. It supports communities in southern Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk region as well as regional administrations in sustainable economic development and has a focus on vulnerable groups of the population. Activities of the project will focus on support for micro- and small enterprises, business start-ups, development of entrepreneurial skills and improving regional and local economic development policies and plans. For that purpose, the project will coordinate and cooperate with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility:
- Managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the objectives of the project, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior;
- Providing professional advisory services in M&E on project level;
- Innovation and knowledge management, especially regarding digital solutions;
- Establishing professional communication with relevant partners and stakeholders;
- Developing necessary tools for monitoring and evaluation to measure impacts and outputs from activities of the project;
- Ensuring quality and consistency of information and data provided by project coordinators for M&E;
- Formulating M&E action plan and ensuring implementation and follow up in close coordination with project coordinators;
- Informing and providing advisory services proactively and when requested;
- Is responsible for controlling expenses for activities related to M&E in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Assisting and providing information and data for PR and communication related issues as well as progress and information reports;
- Establishing and ensuring communication with a broad range of partners and stakeholders;
- Fostering digital collaboration and innovation within the project.
Required qualifications, experience and competences:
- Masters/MSc or similar higher education degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, with a focus on a relevant field;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, virtual collaboration tool like MS Teams);
- Very good knowledge of English, ideally a knowledge of German;
- Good management and organizational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
- The assignment starts as of 15 August 2020.
- The contract duration is 1 year with a possibility of extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 31 July 2020.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.