Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “Fostering economic participation of vulnerable groups including IDPs in the Sea of Azov region” to fill the position of Project Coordinator for Entrepreneurial/ Business skills in Zaporizhzhia (full time, 100%).
The project “Fostering economic participation of vulnerable groups including IDPs in the Sea of Azov region” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. It supports communities in southern Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk region as well as regional administrations in sustainable economic development and has a focus on vulnerable groups of the population. Activities of the project will focus on support for micro- and small enterprises, business start-ups, development of entrepreneurial skills and improving regional and local economic development policies and plans. For that purpose, the project will coordinate and cooperate with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility:
- Manages an area of responsibility that forms part of the project objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior;
- Assists project initiatives and activities, especially regarding entrepreneurial/business skills of vulnerable groups, to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Innovation and knowledge management;
- Assisting and monitors the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts, partner organizations and stakeholders;
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project activities and work at the regional/local level;
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of trainings, workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project area of activity;
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- Assists the project with all organisational and management issues;
- Helps identify the needs of governmental partner institutions/organizations, NGOs, private sector and other beneficiaries and stakeholders on regional and local level;
- Participates in formulating project action plans and helps synchronise the planning and budgeting system;
- Is jointly responsible with the partner institution for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities;
- Is responsible for controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions.
Required qualifications, experience and competences:
- Masters/MSc or similar higher education degree in an area that is related to the project objectives e.g. economic development, economics, international development;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Good working knowledge of itc technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, virtual collaboration tool like MS Teams);
- Very good knowledge of English, ideally a knowledge of German;
- Good management and organizational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
- The assignment starts as of 15 August 2020.
- The contract duration is 1 year with a possibility of extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 31 July 2020.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.