Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “Special assistance program for Eastern Ukraine (government-controlled areas)” to fill the position of the Junior Project Advisor (Social Infrastructure) (full time, Severodonetsk).
The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. It supports communities in the Regions Kramatorsk and Severodonetsk strengthening local authorities and civil society organizations in improving and developing social and medical services. The maintenance of relevant social/ health infrastructure will be provided by the project. For that purpose, the project will coordinate and cooperate with a broad range of local/national and international partners and stakeholders.
Area of responsibilities:
- supports the Project Advisors as well as other experts of the project on demand;
- coordinates project activities with local partners, international agencies, local and international consultants as well as authorities in close cooperation with the Project Advisors and Programme Coordinator;
- carries out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of the project in general;
- prepares of internal and external meeting protocols;
- carries out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project/programme;
- additional task on request and responsible for duties of Project Advisor, if absence;
- organises and coordinates appointments for/with the Project Advisors and is responsible for the contact and cooperates with stakeholders, partners, consultants and enterprises;
- prepares information materials etc as well as organises events and meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the project;
- helps to prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organises transport of visitors and information of project;
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results;
- assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities;
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects;
- assists short-term experts assigned to projects/programmes in completing their tasks;
- represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf;
- carries out important tasks for the project/programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description;
- assists other experts, if necessary as translator;
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Requirements to candidates:
- university degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives;
- technical education is a strong asset;
- experience in the area of international cooperation;
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme);
- good knowledge of English language (min. B1), skills in German language is an asset;
- at least 2-4 years of experience in project implementation works is desirable;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- ability to work in a team;
- stress resistance and strong commitment;
- willingness for duty travels, national and international.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week.
- The contract duration is 1 year.
- The assignment starts as of 15 September 2020.
- Frequent travel nationwide with focus on Luhansk region is required.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until COB Tuesday, 11 August 2020.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.