Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Coordinator for its Learn to Discern Project (www.irex.org/project/strengthening-media-literacy-ukrainian-education-system). Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of Senior Program Manager and support implementation of program activities and carry out a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks.
Special focus in all activities will be related to the coordination of grant program, online activities for participants and promotion project materials of media literacy for schoolteachers and instructors. The position will be based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout the country.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and coordinate project components, like grant program, deliveries equipment to institutions, promotion campaign, online platform internal communication for project beneficiaries by providing programmatic oversight, planning, implementing;
- Work closely and coordinate with the other team members, contractors and partners from Ministry of Education, PR-agency, donors and others;
- Participate in preparation of program reports for the donor and internal ones;
- Update the supervisor regularly on the progress of the project, milestones, and results of the promotion campaign, numbers of teachers involved in internal communication, number of website visits; the number of downloads of CIC materials from the website; the number of people reached by PR campaign;
- Travel to regions to attend program events and meetings;
- Organize and conduct, if required, program trainings, events, and activities, like an online conference for program beneficiaries;
- Day-to-day programmatic, logistical, and administrative support, coordination of grant programs. Including liaising with Grants/Finance Coordinator and assisting with financial reporting;
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and assist with technical reporting;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in NGO sector and technical assistance projects;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Creativity and ability to process and transform lot of information in more interesting and simple way is highly needed and strongly welcomed;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Background in media literacy work or study is a strong advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Advanced English preferred;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Interest in media literacy, critical thinking and basic knowledge in this field is needed;
- Ability to travel
Please send your cover letter and resume by 10 am on September 14, 2020.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candid