Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is looking for Junior Accounting/Finance Professional in Country Office, Kyiv
GIZ implements development cooperation projects on behalf of the German government all over the world. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ offers its expertise of more than 50 years to the German Government, the European Union, the United Nations, as well as governments of other countries and the private sector. Since we are a public-benefit federal enterprise, German and European values are central to our work. Together with our partners we work flexibly to deliver effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
Key responsibilities include inter alia:
- Financial management and advisory services for GIZ Projects in Ukraine
- Accounting for GIZ projects using the accounting software WINPACCS and ensuring compliance with the GIZ rules in project management
- monitoring and accounting for GIZ Projects in Ukraine
- Conducting payments via Internet banking
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the GIZ country office and with the projects
- Verification of invoices in compliance with internal rules and procedures
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team in Country office or the relevant department at GIZ Head Office in Germany
- Conducting internal controls (audits) for GIZ Projects in Ukraine
- Support in preparing reports from SAP
- University degree in accounting or similar degree
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Excellent command of German and/or English
- Profound knowledge of IT-based accounting programs
- Good practical knowledge of information and communication technologies as well as PC applications and SAP
- Confidential treatment of data and information
- Reliability, flexibility and stress resistance, high loyalty, high self-discipline, team player
Duration of employment:
full-time position with 40 hours working week until the February 2022, with the possibility of prolongation.
We are looking forward to your application in English or German comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job. Deadline is 17.09.2020
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.