Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will be responsible for managing all data-driven monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. The MEL Manager will directly oversee the MEL Assistant and ensure that overall program MEL activities meet quality standards. The MEL Manager will coordinate closely with project leadership and engage appropriate members of the Technical teams as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design and execution of the TCA MEL Plan by ensuring the quality of the project's M&E systems and appropriate data capture.
- Contribute to data analysis and impact assessments on program and activity levels.
- Develop a system of capture and disseminate knowledge and lessons learned within the project and among project partners.
- Design data collection tools that allow for quantitative and qualitative analysis. Develop tools for preliminary profiling and impact assessments.
- Work with project leadership to design and lead internal “deep dive” sessions with project staff and donor representatives, and the external “pause and reflect” sessions with project staff, donor representatives, and project counterparts.
- Oversee the MEL Assistant and ensure timely and consistent data compilation in the project DevResults Project Database.
- Assist in drafting impact and results summaries for grants reporting and other reporting as needed.
- Review DevResults Project Database entries to monitor activity development, implementation, and M&E plans on an activity-by-activity basis.
- Assist program staff and grantees (as required) with report preparation to ensure reports capture results and impact.
- Develop and deliver training for office staff in field research and data capture.
- Train relevant staff on any other tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics, communications or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Prior experience and an understanding of civil society strengthening, and/or local governance are preferred.
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners, and partners.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with report writing and editing.
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. Finalists will be contacted.
Deadline September 11, 2020