Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of TCA’s Gender Equality and Inclusive Development strategy, conducting TCA’s Gender Analysis and ensuring that its recommendations are addressed, as well as ensuring that gender and social inclusion issues are considered throughout project implementation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of the comprehensive project-level gender action strategy and plan, including the creation of output and outcome targets.
- Identify and invite relevant Ukrainian gender and inclusion experts to participate in activities, provide lectures and sit on panels.
- Identify activities through which the Gender and Inclusion Strategy can be utilized.
- Evaluate inclusion obstacles within the context of the project and provide recommendations to TCA leadership regarding possible trainings or other actions that would facilitate beneficiary buy-in at the community level.
- In coordination with the Objective Leads, draft specific, context driven sub-plans to address gender concerns per activity.
- Ensure that men and women of vulnerable groups benefit equally from program activities.
- Provide briefings on gender equality and gender analysis to grants under contract recipients.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree social services, business administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of GESI experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
- Ability to build consensus and coordinate with diverse actors, including government, NGOs, civil society organizations, and private sector.
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. Finalists will be contacted.
Deadline October 09,2020