Would you like to play an important role in protecting the world-famous LEGO brand and products for our builders of tomorrow? Are you passionate about doing IPR enforcement as a member of an international team – join our Legal, Compliance and Risk Management Department!
Working in our Kyiv office, you will be a part of the Legal Services & IPR Enforcement (LS) team based in Billund, Denmark. Together with us, you will help us drive the IPR enforcement agenda with EMEA, with a particular focus on Ukraine.
- In close collaboration with Head of Legal Services & IPR Enforcement EMEA (LS) and Head of LCR EMEA Region support the IPR enforcement agenda for Ukraine
- Help to coordinate all IP related tasks for The LEGO Group in Ukraine
- Act as subject matter expert within IPR enforcement in Ukraine, and hence being the legal sparring partner for colleagues within LS working with related IPR enforcement tasks
- Participate in activities supporting IPR enforcement of TLG’s rights proposed by Government & Public Affairs (GPA)
- Support and drive legal case handling within your area
- Manage internal and/or external stakeholder relationships to optimize work effectiveness, including building working relationships with external IP Counsels
- Support the continued development of collaboration, knowledge sharing and process optimization within LS
- Document legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools
Do you have what it takes?
Our ideal applicant is a result-oriented teammate with functional expertise, actively using a knowledge base in a broader context. You should hold a Legal University Degree.
- Law school/University legal degree at Master level and meeting requirements relevant to qualify for membership of the Ukrainian Bar Association (though membership as such is not required)
- Minimum 6-8 years of (postgraduate) global experience from inhouse role at a global company or senior level private practice position, with a specialization in Intellectual Property Law (copyright and trademark law in particular)
- Consistent track record in IPR litigation management
- Proven track-record in IPR enforcement matters and stakeholder management
- An appetite and ability to learn new skills as well as the willingness to learn and following through on tasks
- Highly collaborative and curious attitude with a “can do” approach
- Thrives in a changing environment and taking initiative
- Willingness to travel up to 30 days a year (relative to travel constraints due to Covid-19)
- Fluent English skills, spoken and written (commercial/legal)
- Previous experience working with national law enforcement authorities in Ukraine is nice to have
- Experience in training customs officials on IP issues is advantage
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.