Wargaming is looking to bring on a Consoles Release Manager to work on our new product.
As a Consoles Release Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the release process is performed according to the agreed and documented structure, while meeting goals defined by the process. We need a responsible and attentive specialist, with nerves of steel, excellent teamwork and coordination skills, and a deep knowledge of ITIL and project management. If that sounds like you, then you may have the qualities to be an exceptional Release Manager.
What will you do?
- Plan release activities together with other departments; identify release-related dependencies, risks and restrictions
- Process requests for releases (including urgent and non-scheduled ones); perform planning
- Negotiate the approval of release requirements, dependencies, and participants (including their availability on the release date)
- Coordinate release schedule (availability of artifacts, participants, technical regulations, etc.)
- Communicate process information (release schedule, approval and progress) and changes as appropriate, to ensure awareness of all involved parties
- Coordinate release activities for versions
- Perform release retrospectives; review opportunities for process enhancements and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process, initiate improvements and assign their management to subordinates
- Implement lessons learned into the next release cycle
- Improve processes and coordinate the work of various units involved in releases
- Ensure that the process, roles, responsibilities and documentation are regularly reviewed, audited and updated
What are we looking for?
- 1+ year of experience working in an IT company
- 1+ year of experience working with consoles (PlayStation, Xbox)
- Previous experience working as QA Lead/Senior Manager, Project Manager, Release Manager
- Experience working in a team
- General technical literacy, understanding of development processes
- Advanced level of English
- Experience managing and coordinating projects, working across several teams
- Experience building processes or introducing improvements into processes
- Knowledge of or familiarity with ITIL processes
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence