- A job holder carries out duties relevant to the Telephone and Radio Services: preventative and demand maintenance of telephone instruments and wiring, repeaters/duplexes, base-stations, consolettes, mobile and hand-held radios, fax machines, associated antenna and UPS, Batteries backup and PC equipment.
- Coordinates telephone and radio repair from the local phone company for the phone systems in the Chancery, Alternate Command Center, DCMR, Consulate, and the Ambassador's residence.
- Works with Information Management Office and local authorities to maintain the Host Nation Approval (HNA) of both the E&E and HF networks and certification and accreditation of the Embassy.
- The position includes incidental driving of an Embassy vehicle.
- EXPERIENCE: Four years of work experience including telephone installation, wiring and repair experience and radio installation, operation and testing are required.
- EDUCATION: Completion of vocational school in telephone or radio technical field is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (writing/speaking/reading) English* is required.
- *This may be tested
- Fluent (writing/speaking/reading) Ukrainian is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of modern telephone and radio systems operations. The position requires the incumbent to be familiar with a variety of complex and sophisticated equipment to include troubleshooting, utilizing diagnostic programs. Strong knowledge of cable and wire installation and troubleshooting techniques, as well as contacts within the local telecommunications industry. Position holder has to be familiar with LAN Wan and data systems.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: An incumbent must have an ability to interpret and fabricate Optic and Category 5 (CAT -5) cabling codes and technical diagrams. Ability to use various tools and telephone equipment (test equipment, signal generators and PC diagnostics). Ability to relay information to customers, operators and possession of good customer skills as well as to respond to major switch outages. Incumbent is expected to work independently and without technical supervision.
- DRIVING REQUIREMENT: Should have a valid driving license (category B) for a minimum of 5 years*.
*Should be able to pass on the road driving test.
Deadline for applications: November 9, 2020