- Responsible for installing/maintaining residential security equipment in support of post's residential security program.
- Ensures all residences conform with Diplomatic Security's (DS) implementation of the Overseas Security Policy Board's standards per the 12 Foreign Affairs Handbook (FAH). Installs/maintains residential security equipment in residences; escorts contractors/technicians/non-USG personnel carrying out residential security installations/maintenance in residences, ensures the work done meets applicable standards.
- Responds to resident's requests for service to security devices/systems/hardware.
- Monitors/maintains Post's Central Alarm Monitoring System (CAMS).
- Ensures residential security equipment is removed when residential leases are not renewed.
- The job involves driving a USG vehicle.
- EXPERIENCE: Two years' experience in security alarm installation and maintenance, electronics, or electrical systems is required.
- EDUCATION: Completion of High School is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (writing/speaking/reading) in English* is required.
- *This may be tested
- Good working knowledge (writing/speaking/reading) in Ukrainian or Russian is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of procedures related to residential security concepts, principles, and techniques. Must have resided at post for at least three month prior to the start of work.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to work independently; adhere to strict deadlines and manage residential security upgrades for all Chief of Mission residences. Must have the ability to install and maintain residential security alarms, trace and correct electrical wiring faults, trace and complete telephone line connections for CAMS connectivity. Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy: Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, and Google Earth is required.
- DRIVING REQUIREMENT: Should have a valid driving license (category B) for a minimum of 5 years*.
*Should be able to pass on the road driving test.
Deadline for applications: November 8, 2020