Position Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Assistant for its Learn to Discern in Education Program.
Program Assistant will work under the supervision of Program Coordinator and overall guidance of Program Manager. He/she will support implementation of program activities and carry out a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks. The position will be based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout the country. This position is contingent upon funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistical support to ensure smooth implementation of the program;
- Support effective collaboration with program partners, stakeholders, experts, trainers, program regional coordinators and key stakeholders of the program;
- Assist in organization of program events, including trainings, meetings and workshops;
- Communication with suppliers and other subcontractors;
- Draft program-related documents, financial payments, reports and successful stories;
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities, data collection, and reporting;
- Provide Web-based research assistance for projects and publications;
- Coordinate maintenance of program social media accounts as needed;
- Serve as an interpreter if needed;
- Translate program-related documents (English, Russian, and Ukrainian);
- Travel to regions to attend program events and meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in NGO sector and technical assistance projects;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 tools is a plus;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Interest in media literacy, critical thinking and basic knowledge in this field is needed;
- Ability to travel contingent upon actual epidemiological situation and based on security recommendations provided by IREX and Government.
Please send your cover letter and resume by 5 pm on November 19, 2020. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.