Title: Renovation Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance
Reports To: Youth Centers Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2020
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Youth Centers Manager, the Renovation Manager will support the creation and further development of safe and accessible spaces for youth by youth. The Renovation Manager is primarily responsible for providing oversight of renovation and minor infrastructural improvements of UNITY-selected youth centers premises, drafting renovation-related documentation, including Environmental Compliance documents and construction plans, assisting with procurement of construction materials, and architectural contract management. The position holder will ensure the construction work is of high quality and achieves the project objectives; he/she is responsible for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Youth Centers Manager by providing technical and administrative leadership for assigned components within the program to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved;
- Coordinate with Youth Center infrastructure and capacity building implementers (subawardees and/or contractors and/or consultants), cary out quality control for renovation and/or minor construction works;
- Ensure compliance with relevant Ukrainian laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures advising on how best to incorporate appropriate environmental compliance language into design documents;
- Coordinate the renovation and minor construction works for Youth Centers under USAID Environmental Compliances and Procedures to ensure compliance with the environmental threshold decisions and monitoring and mitigation measures pertaining to the projects;
- Draft documentation on USAID Environmental Compliance and liaise with Youth Centers partners to collect necessary information, address questions and introduce revisions to ensure full compliance and donor’s approval for renovation and/or minor construction works;
- Draft Scope of Work and expected quality standards for contracted-out architectural design and construction vendors;
- Co-design and co-facilitate Environment Compliance training for participating communities to ensure buy-in and provision of all required documentation for environment compliance reporting;
- Develop, implement, and recommend effective maintenance and safety programs, procedures, and guidelines; conduct periodic inspections and ensure program facilities are properly maintained for optimal safety;
- Support Youth Centers Manager in preparation and management of the program budget and grants dedicated to youth centers activities; project revenue and expenditures; monitor inventory; and purchase authorized supplies and equipment;
- Ensure procurement and contracting processes are completed in accordance with USAID and IREX specifications and with Ukrainian regulations.
- Provide technical assistance in areas of expertise;
- Draft program reports, updates, success stories, and other documentation and reporting related to program activities;
- Travel as necessary and needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Degree in engineering, international development, public administration, management, and/or other relevant field is preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in designing and development of construction projects, project management, onsite supervision and managing contractors; previous experience on USAID projects preferred.
- Construction management expertise;
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving and management skills.
- Experience preparing and conducting reviews of designs, specifications, and procurement documents.
- Knowledge of applicable engineering and, building codes and standards.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender are essential requirements.
- Experience developing environmental procedures and guidelines are strongly desirable.
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as a team member with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Willingness to travel when health conditions allow.
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Renovation Manager” in the subject line to resumes-ua at irex.org. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: November 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.