- This mail clerk position is responsible for handling unclassified mail and pouches and carries out routine mailroom functions.
- The incumbent sorts incoming DPO (Diplomatic Pouch) mail, distributes mail in a timely fashion, processes diplomatic pouches, and dispatches diplomatic pouches while maintaining full accountability.
- The jobholder physically moves materials as required utilizing dollies, hand trucks and other similar material handling equipment.
- He/she ensures all security standards are met for proper storage and handling of registered and certified mail as well as pouch material.
- Major duties and responsibilities include: mail administration function - 50%, official mail handling - 15%, mail screening - 15%, recordkeeping - 10%, airport logistics - 5%, and other duties - 5%. This job will require driving an official Embassy vehicle.
- EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required.
- EXPERIENCE: One year of clerical experience, including significant data entry, is required.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Good working knowledge in English* is required.
*This may be tested
- Good working knowledge in Ukrainian or Russian is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications are necessary. Ability to lift 30 kg packages, operate various machines associated with mail handling operations (e.g. dollies, scales and computer). Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel using mail room services, and ensure delivery of quality customer service.
- DRIVING REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid driver’s license (B category) for a minimum of 5 years and be able to pass on-the-road test.
*Should be able to pass on the road driving test. Applications deadline: November 19, 2020