CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes safety, security, and sustainability through international development and foreign assistance missions in over 120 countries is looking for Grant Specialist.
The Grant Specialist will be responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of new and existing assistance activities primarily under Global Health/NIH.
- Oversees a portfolio of assistance activities with medium complexity: performs pre-award reviews, prepares implementation plans, issues and negotiates grant agreements, coordinates with internal and external stakeholders, ensures subgrantee compliance with policies and procedures and maintains agreement files.
- Provides comprehensive financial monitoring, including the review and approval of subgrantee payment requests and expense reconciliations.
- Recommends policy or procedural improvements that will improve the efficiency or effectiveness of award administration, including the creation of forms and report templates for internal use.
- Represents the team or department in internal events, teams or activities.
- Provides high quality, timely support to internal and external clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field; 2+ years of experience in federal assistance programs.
- 3+ years of experience in supervising staff is preferred.
- Working knowledge of FLUXX and/or Deltek/Costpoint Purchasing module is preferred.
- Project management skills, MS project experience is preferred.
- Field-specific training or certifications preferred.
- Customer service experience and effective communication skills, including experience working with international partners.
- Ability to utilize MS Excel and to prepare financial reports and statistical analysis.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to new challenges.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.