The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking an M&E/Subgrants Officer, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. He/She will be responsible for assisting M&E/Subgrants Senior Officer in financial monitoring and subgrant management, and maintenance of NDI’s M&E system. Further, M&E/Subgrants Officer will lead review of subgrant application packages, and financial and narrative reports, and will be engaged in training of NDI staff and subgrant partners on subgrant management and M&E.
Job Title: M&E / Subgrants Officer, NDI Ukraine
- Maintain the M&E system of programs implemented by the Ukraine office.
- Ensure that the M&E system meets donor requirements and NDI’s internal needs.
- Develop user-friendly protocols for data collection, management, presentation, analysis, and reporting.
- Integrate data collection into regular program operations.
- Help teams to gather, collate, and analyze monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities.
- Provide targeted, one-on-one capacity building to staff and partners as needed.
- Support financial oversight of NDI subgrants.
- Ensure that grantee activities are consistent with the direction set by the subgrant agreement.
- Provide technical assistance to subgrantees, including conduct of orientation & training sessions.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, economics, international relations, management or another relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience of M&E and Subgrants management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Willing and able to travel regularly, where and when required to support M&E and subgrants activities.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English. Please indicate the position (M&E / Subgrants Officer) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on November 23, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview.