Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme to fill the position of Contracts & Procurement Professional (full time, Kyiv).
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local levels and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between different stakeholders involved into reform implementation at the national, regional and local levels. Given the important new tasks, responsibilities and financial resources that local self-governments have gained, the implementation of the reform has to be accompanied by expert advice, trainings and diverse support measures. U-LEAD (Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development) is a special measure which is conducted as a multi-donor action by the EU and its member states Germany, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark and Poland to support the Ukrainian government in the implementation of the decentralisation reform.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation and conduction of the contract award procedures (including tenders) and conclusion of service contracts, as well as purchasing of materials and equipment in accordance with GIZ and EU rules;
- Preparation of Financing Contracts: Grants, Local Subsidies and Subsidies;
- Responsible for the documents flow (contracts, proposals, agreements, etc.), and filing all documents related to contracting and procurement process according to GIZ rules (physical and electronical);
- Applying GIZ Processes and Rules (P+R) in all administrative processes;
- Training and consulting U-LEAD staff on request regarding contracting and procurement rules and procedures;
- Consulting external U-LEAD with Europe clients regarding the GIZ Contract and Procurement rules and procedures;
- Contributing to the overall monitoring, knowledge and data management of the Programme;
- Processing claims of damaged goods;
- Supporting in other necessary logistical and organizational tasks;
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Master degree and at least 3 years' professional work experience in a related area, e.g. business management with a focus on finance, controlling, purchasing or contract management or similar area;
- Proven experience in the field of concluding and conducting contracts and procurement;
- Work experience in international organisations, NGOs and /or the private sector;
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (MS Office 365);
- Excellent command of the English language as the working language of the Programme;
- Knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences;
- Strong organisational and planning competences;
- Proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues;
- Strong communication/negotiation skills;
- High degree of discretion and integrity;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of December 2023. Starting as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation is to be sent until 26 November, Thursday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.