Title: UNITY Network Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance
Reports To: Senior Partnerships Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX Ukraine seeks a strategic, resourceful, and collaborative UNITY Network Manager (UNM) for the Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program, funded by USAID and implemented by IREX. This five-year activity is designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Partnerships Manager the UNITY Network Manager will develop and support a growing network of UNITY participants, stakeholders, Youth Centers, and members of diverse and representative Youth Advisory Council ensuring that UNITY’s engagement strategy with youth participants and partners is fully realized across all objectives. The UNM will facilitate and coordinate the activities of UNITY’s Youth Advisory Council ensuring meaningful engagement of members into program activities and personal and professional growth. The UNITY’s Youth Advisory Council is established to provide meaningful input into designing and implementing activities as well as sharing and practicing UNITY principles and values.
The UNM will be the primary contact point for the UNITY network and will be responsible for keeping the network engaged with the program, identifying opportunities for training and events, retaining, and expanding network membership, and connecting the UNITY network with resources for further development. The UNITY network will be crucial maximizing program impact by leveraging program gains, reaching new audiences, and ensuring program sustainability.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Senior Partnerships Manager and Youth Advisory Council, draft UNITY network vision, mission, and values statement; its structure, membership policy, guiding principles and information flow.
- Regularly liaise with UNITY network members to solicit their input and pitch various opportunities to them.
- Map, develop, and monitor youth networks of UNITY participants on an ongoing basis, connecting individuals and local networks to nationwide networks.
- Contribute to the design of and maintain UNITY network database using online platforms and digital tools, ensuring functionality and data safety.
- In close collaboration with UNITY program managers, identify training, events, and professional development opportunities for the UNITY network, both within the UNITY program and organized by external organizations.
- Identify opportunities and design programming for network members to bring positive change in their local and national community through projects, advocacy, and civic engagement.
- Identify and support key nodes in the UNITY network.
- Effectively manage and coordinate the Youth Advisory Council ensuring meaningful engagement into program activities, enhancing collaboration and participation.
- Regularly track and analyze Youth Advisory Council feedback and provide programming inputs and advise to improve relations with members.
- Facilitate Youth Advisory Council meetings and events using age-appropriate language (10-35 years old) and ensuring that each member is heard and engaged.
- Conduct trainings on personal and professional development for both Youth Advisory Council and Network members and be able to act as a trainer as well.
- Motivate youth to take part in network activities and identify strategies to sustain the network during and after the program.
- Support the Senior Partnerships Manager in coordinating and leveraging efforts of similar programs in Ukraine.
- Continually assess national and regional markets for partnership and business opportunities and help prepare plans to engage them.
- Contribute to UNITY research and learning, in particular insights on building and sustaining networks.
- Contribute to UNITY Strategic Communications by collecting information on UNITY network members’ successes and lessons learned and drafting story leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- Minimum of four years of experience working in an NGO, with experience in managing
- Mapping, building, and managing networks. Experience working on programs focused on youth, education, and/or employment/entrepreneurship is preferred.
- A master’s degree in business administration, public policy, sociology, international affairs, education, pedagogy, or a related field; bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant experience also considered.
- A strong understanding of existing youth networks in Ukraine.
- Keen understanding of how to work with people of different age-groups and backgrounds.
- Ability to think and plan strategically in the context of broad organizational goals.
- Superb organizational and communications skills, and ability to work with different groups and keep track of different activities, implementing a system of clear milestones, regular check-ins, and reminders.
- Superb tech-savviness and confident knowledge of digital tools for communication, database maintenance and data analysis (CRM, MS Office, spreadsheets, Zoom etc).
- Creative thinking and adaptability in changing environment.
- Certified trainer with experience working with youth is preferable.
- Ability to translate strategy and shape complex, innovative ideas into concrete initiatives with the people, revenue, and partners necessary to achieve results.
- Demonstrated skills in solving problems in fast-paced environments, including development of strong coalitions and creative models of revenue generation.
- Understanding and appreciation of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion and Positive Youth Development is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment within a program.
- Strong command of English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Please send your cover letter and resume. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application deadline: May 11, 2021. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.