Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for the project “Innovation Lab for EU Association of Ukraine” a qualified professional to fill the position of a Project advisor – innovative and digital topics for public sector in Ukraine (full time, Kyiv)
The project “Innovation Lab for EU Association of Ukraine” is supporting key stakeholders of Ukraine’s government to implement the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement (EU-UA AA). Within a motivated project team, we are looking for an advisor for innovative and digital topics for the public sector. She/he will be responsible for all project activities that intend to setting-up and implementing an innovation lab together the Ministry of Digital Transformation. In addition, advisor will support development of citizen-oriented public products or services to advance the implementation of EU-UA AA within public sector of Ukraine.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Implementation of the project activities related to governance, public sector innovation, innovation labs/acceleration programs and e-services;
- Ensuring communication and exchange between actors relevant for the project, especially with the Ukrainian partners, national and international professional contractors as well as communication and exchange within the GIZ;
- Support of digital transformation within the GIZ for the project and partially for the Good Governance I cluster;
- Support of the person in charge of the project implementation in the planning of the project activities and budget jointly with other project advisors;
- Preparation of a concept of the project activities jointly with the person in charge of the project implementation and other project advisors;
- Serving as a contact person for the Ukrainian partners, contractors and within the GIZ in professional issues concerning innovative methods in the public sector for the implementation of innovation labs and e-services development;
- Analyses of the support needs of the Ukrainian partners in their reform efforts;
- Creation – jointly with the cluster’s Communication Officer – of presentations of project activities and related cluster activities in the available digital platforms
- Preparation and coordination of preparatory documents for contracts on the procurement of services and products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher-education degree in economics, management, political science or similar;
- Working experience: at least 3 years in a similar position, cooperation experience with Ministry of Digital Transformation would be an asset;
- Practical experience of implementation of innovation labs, hackathons, measures on development of e-services or products with the use of agile methods (Design Thinking, Service Design, Scrum etc.);
- Very good command of Ukrainian, Russian, English. Knowledge of German is an advantage;
- Excellent working knowledge in the use of ITC technologies and digital applications.
Other knowledge / competences:
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences; proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude; high degree of discretion and integrity;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions;
- Comprehensive managerial and organizational experience;
- Very good communication and facilitation skills;
- Knowledge of digital transformation processes and public sector innovation;
- Readiness to participate in up-skilling activities in line with the relevant job requirements as agreed with the manager;
- Readiness for occasional business trips;
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of December 2023.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in English explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 7 May 2021, Friday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.