Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the programme “U-LEAD | Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme” to fill the position of the Municipal investments advisor (full time, Kyiv).
U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme’ is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its member states Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Estonia and Slovenia which supports the efforts of the Ukrainian government in the area of decentralisation and regional development. Ukraine has put decentralisation and regional development as a top priority on its political agenda. The reform aims at promoting a viable local self-government and thus bringing a positive change to the people’s life.
- Advising the Programme on implementing measures aiming at supporting municipalities in managing (public) investment projects across various fields, but primarily dealing with waste management, water management (supply and wastewater treatment), sustainable mobility and transport, climate change.
- Contributing to the development and quality assurance of capacity development measures (trainings, seminars, visits, etc.) for municipalities dealing with designing and implementing public investment projects in (one of) mentioned-above fields.
- Supporting the Programme in establishing and maintaining cooperation with various stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with GIZ standards and rules (dealing with procurement, data protection, communication) in all aspects of the Programme.
- Contributing to monitoring & evaluation as well as reporting.
- Contributes to design, implementation & monitoring of capacity development measures for municipalities in the fields stipulated above, including ones delivered via digital tools.
- Prepares high-quality concepts, action plans, tender documentation dealing with the implementation of capacity development measures.
- Supports (providing advice to) implementing partners and municipalities in implementing activities ensuring content quality and adherence to GIZ rules and procedures.
- Incorporates cross-cutting issues (such as gender equality, integrity, etc.) into capacity development measures.
- Cooperates with national and international experts.
- Supports organisation of capacity development & networking events, including ones delivered via digital tools.
- Contributes to the overall knowledge and data management (including monitoring & reporting); systematically files and maintain document management in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Ensures a regular contact and dialogue with relevant internal and external stakeholders to maintain good working relationships.
- Complies with GIZ rules and standards.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- MA degree in the field of public management, business administration, economics, finance or other relevant fields.
- 4 years of professional work experience related to the project management, in general, and to the design and implementation of capacity development measures for municipalities dealing with the preparation of the (public) investment projects at the municipal level, in particular.
- Experience in designing capacity development measures in one of the following spheres would be considered as a strong asset: waste management, water management (supply and wastewater treatment), sustainable mobility and transport, climate change.
- Previous experience in project management (design and implementation of projects, preparation of action plans, budgets, reports, etc.).
- Work experience in the public administration (municipal level primarily) and/or international organisations and/or NGOs.
- Previous experience in the preparation and implementation of public investment projects at the municipal level in one of the mentioned-above spheres would be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian legislation related to public investments (legal requirements for designing, launching, implementing, and finalising the projects) in at least one of the following sectors: waste management, water management (supply and wastewater treatment), sustainable mobility and transport, climate change would be considered as an asset.
- Understanding and interest in the local self-government (decentralisation) and regional policy reforms.
- Experience in organisation and delivery events in online mode and via digital tools.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (inc. MS Teams).
- Professional proficiency in English (C1 at least) and Ukrainian languages.
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work.
- Reliability, confidentiality, flexibility and stress resistance.
- High degree of loyalty, self-organization and motivation.
- Team player with intercultural communication skills and service-oriented attitude.
- Work experience with GIZ and/or other international organisations is an asset.
- Readiness for frequent business trips to different locations within Ukraine.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of December 2023.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until COB Monday, 10 May 2021.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.